How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was trying to claim back care home costs, i handed a form

Customer Question

i was trying to claim back care home costs, i handed a form in at a solicitors under there instruction before the march 2012 deadline . thinking the claim was going ahead they said it could take up to 4 years to sort out , so i never bothered getting in touch but recently found out they never started the claim they lost the form is there anything i can do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Please let me know how much the fees are you wanted to claim back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

90,000 and still paying

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Potentially you have a negligence claim against the firm of Solicitors. You should go to a different firm and take advice. But if the original firm lost the form then it seems to be like you have a claim for £90,000 at least against the old firm.
But you will have to get a new firm involved But you certainly do seem like you have a claim.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.