How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

What are the legal steps and necessary protections in order

This answer was rated:

What are the legal steps and necessary protections in order to ensure my security and on being a professional manager of an escort agency? This is in question to regards ***** ***** my self from any disputes with the local authority, to writing effective contract, to avoid any dispute with the police or the landlord.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Are you running it from a house? Do clients visit you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is not running yet however I imagine it to run it from the house and clients are likely to visit the workers, so the answer is yes to both of your questions.

But will they visit your house? Ie will you have customers coming and going?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Will you have planning permission?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i won't need a planning permission as I'm not going to alter or build on the land. I want to rent a house and use it for the business purpose.

In a residential area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


The problem is you can't do anything to protect yourself. It's a residential area so people will complain. The property can be closed by the police or council with a premises closure order. This is because you are carrying out an activity which is not socially acceptable.
If it was on an industrial estate you would be ok, but residents will be upset. The police can close you down as it stands,
Therefore you are unlikely to be charged with anything but probably closed down.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you. But I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did not answer my question to the standard and I should have a chance to clarify or ask more questions to make it clearer.

I needed to know the details before I gave you a full answer. What else would you like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could i possibly change the use of building in regards ***** ***** area and if not would it be enough to get an application of certificate of lawful proposal use or development to avoid such an issue of unhappy neighbours?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I meant to have no disputes with local authorities or powers rather than neighbours

You need to avoid residential. You would be far better off renting a unit and then converting that. Keep it from residential.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In regards ***** ***** buildings, do I have to tell the landlord about my business purpose? Meaning that let's say I rent a unit or an office and transform it for my business purpose without the renter's knowledge. I guess it is something to be stated within terms of contract, however can such scenario as stated above lead to the breach of contract? Can I legitimately start advertise the business after the commercial property would be rented? Or do I have to notify local authority first? It's not socially acceptable however I want it to be least socially aggravating.

No, you dont have to tell the Landlord. As long as you are not breaching any contract term you are ok. You only need to notify the Council if there is a change of use.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That does make it much clearer. Can you please answer my last question which is; what not to miss in the contract with adult workers? mainly because what happens between two adults behind closed doors should not amount to my criminal liability. Thanks

Indeed. Should be the word but they can still close the premises for anti social behaviour.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No that's fine. I have no further questions. Thank you

Ok thanks.