How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am experiencing problems with my next door neighbour who

Customer Question

I am experiencing problems with my next door neighbour who has repeatedly harassed me I
in various forms such as the emission of a organic phosphate/pesticide inserted on the roof of the apartment and throwing chemical substances on my terrace, which seriously pose a health hazard on my adorable two French bulldog puppies and of course on my partner's wellbeing and mine, considering the substance is highly cancerogenic. The roof has been repeatedly tampered with and the gas piping and even telephone wiring modified to suit his twisted evil motives. Unfortunately, even though he had the audacity of making a hole the size of an arm's length on a wall connecting the two apartments, the police, who have been called 11 times, say it is all circumstantial evidence. It seems that the common law centres on technicalities which are geared not to unfairly accuse the perpetrator, rather than onprotecting the rights of the victim, since no matter what he may do the police say it is not enough. I believe that he must have a mental illness such as personality disorder since he pretends to be a very affable person but I have caught him on camera even carrying a fumigator to the roof of our building at 3:00 am, only to say he had found it by chance in the street and had disposed of it first thing the following morning.i am. Convinced he is a dangerous psychopath and he has a proven criminal record as a child molestor in Australia,where he is originally from; incidentally, he denies any relation to his origins, pretending he comes from the north of England.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I need to do is basically how can I ensure that this person does not pose a danger to my home, mail, family or myself. I would need to know what steps to follow in order to make sure either the police or social services restrict his freedom and give me back the use of basic human rights such as the right to my privacy, among others, which I lost over 13 months ago thanks to a twisted mind and and an obsolete penal system
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean?
Obviously there are no magic wands that will turn an unreasonable neighbour into a reasonable one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I am not sure you really want to help. I. am rather perplexed how someone with your qualifications cannot understand that obviously I am NOT asking you to produce a magic wand and make someone u reasonable act reasonably. Surely any person with a decent level or comprehension could grasp that notion. What I did ask was clearly how to ensure the person pays for what he is doing criminally. If I want that, I am certainly not asking how to make him act reasonably but rather I am asking a legal expert to advise me and my family what flaws of his behaviour could we use to our benefit so that the authorities arrest him. The law in the UK says that a person is entitled to use "reasonable force" to defend his home, mail, family or own person. If we wanted to take the person to court what could you, in your experience as a legal counsellor, would advise us to do to ensure we win our case?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I will opt out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Obviously I need more info. The answer was absolutely appalling and deceitful as charged £60 for writing "Whaf do you mean?" and "thanks. i will opt out".
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you cannot seem to find someone who can answer my question in a professional way then I think you should reimburse my account forthetotal amount paid, ans compensate me for all the wasted time and effort I made, together with the terrible sense of deceit and frustration experienced at having explained some very private issues to members of your team, only to feel extremely let down by their lack of care and professionalism. Perhaps they should ask themselves that unless they had decided to study Law in pursuit of economic gratification, they should not have behaved in such a demeaning way towards someone who has earnestly approached them in the first place
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry you were not happy with our service and will take this up with our Expert Moderator Team.
We offer a refund under our satisfaction guarantee - please confirm that you would like one, and I will process it for you.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I would like a refund please. Please do not cheat people out of their time and money. If you cared to read the answers provided by the so-called expert you would surely agree that it looked like a scam. I am sorry for being so frank and I would not like to generalize but that was what I experienced at first hand.