How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I own an airport parking and vehicle storage company and I

This answer was rated:

I own an airport parking and vehicle storage company and I have a customer who has stored his vehicle since September, without payment, despite emails sent weekly to him and demands. His bill has reached £1500.00 approximately now and his vehicle is worth less then this. Can I sell this vehicle to get payment as he is just ignoring every contact made and the vehicle is being stored at my premises.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no postal address just an email address. please advise

I will call shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please call XXX

Calling now!
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Alex
As you can see from our conversation from the website, you informed me that you would telephone me. A gentleman actually called which I thought was strange and gave me advice and it is this advice I urgently need in writing for obvious reasons. The man advised me that because I only had an email address as contact details for the person that owes us money, I was to email the person and inform him that if the debt was not paid within 28 days of the email, I would be selling the vehicle he has stored at our premises to put towards the outstanding debt. He advised me to keep a copy of the email, and I need the advice given to me via the phone call in writing too, to keep with it.Please could this be done as soon as possible please. Thank you.
Yes that is correct. You need to send it in writing, get a send receipt and read receipt if you can get one. Then you can sell.
Does that clarify?