How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

7 years ago I had a falling out with my mother over a family

This answer was rated:

7 years ago I had a falling out with my mother over a family photograph she accused me of taking. I have just found out from my sister that she went to the police to complain to have it noted but no action was taken. This is the first I have heard of it. Will this complaint create a police record of me.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
There will be a record of the allegation but no more than that.
The fact that they took no action will also be recorded.
It will not be revealed on any other checking than enhanced and then only if deemed relevant.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would it effect a job interview of any kind or be held against me in any future family disputes ie a power of attorney for my mother

Yes, in principle it could.
That really depends on the view of the other party. It is something that could be disclosed. What view is taken is a matter for them.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you