How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I wonder if you can help. This is going to sound odd. I write

This answer was rated:

I wonder if you can help. This is going to sound odd. I write for my boyfriend and i need to understand if what he is saying is right.
He has spent 20 years living with a woman whose son disabled himself after the first 10 years of their relationship.
a court protection order was placed on the womans son, this is in his name, it was done while the then 21 year old was coming out of a coma and they were facing the realities of the situation.. i am not sure why but somehow he has accountability for this disabled and brain damaged son (now 32)
They never married and has lived in her home she hasn't worked since, he is paying for everything (including her not inexpensive hobbies of horse-riding) since her son was disabled. he has provided all monies, as the woman was now looking after her son
He wants to leave as they have had no relationship for 2 years and has tried to leave before but she withheld all his property 'and' demanded money in the like of maintainance not to mention court action as he 'should pay' for her son, and she has gotten violent is this right?
is it true that if i moved in with him, i would liable to have to make payments toward this other woman's son? and her herself?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is he married to this woman - and is the child biologically his - or his by adoption?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not married. Not adopted the 32 yr old physically & mentally disabled son

Then he is in no way financially responsible for his ex or this young man.
If he has been appointed as a Deputy for the young man this does not bring with it and financial burden at all - he is just meant to help look after the finances of the young man.
Even if he had been financially responsible for his ex YOU would never have been.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou. Worth every penny.

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well for you