How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Are there any Justice of Peace in Edmonton, North London i

This answer was rated:

Are there any Justice of Peace in Edmonton, North London i can ask to witness a signature
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo,

I would like to find a Justice of the Peace in Edmonton, North London to witness a signature for my mum documents.

Why does it need to be a Magistrate?
What documents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its to do with her pension, the letter says a bank manager, librarian justice of peace, we asked her bank manager this morning they don'd sign letters

There are a variety of Magistrates Court sitting close to Edmonton. This isn't a stat dec so there isn't a formal application that you can make and fee you can pay. You could have to attend and ask court staff to see if anybody is willing to do it.
There is one in Lordship Lane commonly known as Enfield which is probably the closest to you.
There are others such as Hendon or Highbury and Islington.
You need to check the criteria though as it might demand somebody who knows you personally. If they are just certifying a likeness though then there is no reason you need personal knowledge for that.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo,

Thank you for the information, could i ask a solicitor or commissionaire of oath to witness

It depends on the requirements but that would be more usual.
Any solicitor or barrister can do that. Sometimes they charge a small fee of something like £5.00
Obviously that does depend on it not being a requirement that they know you personally though.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you