How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I book a holiday to lanzarote my wife is a diabetic

Customer Question

i book a holiday to lanzarote my wife is a diabetic on the morning we where due to fly out at 7/30 am at 5/30am my wife had a hi-po she as had them in past i know what to do give her shugar as her blood sugar was low this lasted till aprox 7/30am before i could get her ok by this tme opf course we would not be able to get our flight i did not call the doctor as nothing they could do only what i did we went to doctor after to get him to confirm she is diabetic she all so is gluten free wich means she can only eate foods that are gluten free she does not take any thing for this ie tablets when i made out the claim form to insurance company i noticed i had told them she was diabetic but to my suprise i did not tell them she was gluten free i dnt no why as i am allways tell them every thing but i am making a claim for insurance because of her diabetic complaint as i never told them about her being gluten free will this affect my claim
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Were you asked if she was gluten free?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Did this in any way contribute to her condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not at all

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Very good. Then unless you were asked it should make no difference what someone's diet is. Further if it did not contribute towards the condition then it should not be considered. Therefore unless required to answer that question it needs not be declared.
If they refuse payment then you can complain to the Ombudsman who can consider and investigate this for you. Their website is:
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?