How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Relocation within the UKI've been separated 3.5 yrs my

Customer Question

Relocation within the UK
I've been separated 3.5 yrs my ex is stalking the divorce as he is in the family home with his partner and is running our joint business. He pays minimum child maintenance. I've experienced domestic violence which is why I left. We have 3 girls aged 10-12-13. They live with me & there is a court order for contact. This year my ex has now become more aggressive with the children to the point where he has hit them (video proof) & the girls having to call the police to remove them from his care after another violent outburst. They are now afraid of him & refuse to go on contact.
At the same time I nned to relocate from Northern Ireland to scotland to do my masters degree and where I will have better career opportunities afterwards. We also have a large network of support over there and the children want to move. I have schools organised for August but my ex is just refusing. He won't give reasons. Please advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
As you and the children are presently in Northern Ireland, it would appear that you are all subject to the jurisdiction of the the law and courts of Northern Ireland,not Scotland. The children would have to be resident in Scotland already for the Scots law and courts to have any say here.
The question for a lawyer in Northern Ireland is whether you can bring the children to Scotland without the father's consent and in the face of an existing contact order.
Do you want me to transfer you to an expert in Northern Ireland?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the moderator.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks alot
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry still no response
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pls refund my money