How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can we get set a side court judgement straight away, as

This answer was rated:

hi can we get set a side court judgement straight away, as we have applied for set a side judgement six weeks ago and we were told someone will ring you and now claimant has applied for enforcement order and given us till Wednesday next week can you help. we are a charity and leasing company miss old leasing contract to us and they were in-breach of their own lease agreements.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know whether the court has cashed your payment or issued the application?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no court is saying we haven't received the set a side judgement application

Ok. You need to send it again, pay for it with credit card. Once the Court has that then if enforcement takes place it can be halted. But you MUST make sure the Court has the application or proof that you have sent it.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we'v already asked the court to halt the enforcement order and stay the writ, what they are not telling us how long its going to take and whether enforcement team (who will come back on Wednesday 27th may 2015 to cease the assets) will be stopped to take further actions

You need to make an application TODAY. If the High Court enforcement offers show up, you can show them the sealed application from the Court. If you pay them £60 then the enforcement officers can stay further action.
But you need to make an application today and send the fee of £155 to set aside.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have already made application online and paid £155 fee for both purposes and emailed our application, now what documents do i need to show to enforcement team if they come on 27th May and will they stop the action which they charged their client?

The fact it has been issued. You need to ask the Court for a sealed copy of the application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sealed copy of the application which we made online? and do they need to post the application?

No it is not sealed. You can't make the application usually online. You must get a sealed copy from the Court. MUST MUST MUST.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry i meant we downloaded the form, paid fee over the phone and sent by email and we'v got confirmation from email as well, so sealed application is a letter from the court and how soon can they issue?

You must get a copy of the application from the Court with the Court seal on it. They should issue within a few days of receiving it.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.