How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A number of years ago took out shares in a small property company.

This answer was rated:

A number of years ago took out shares in a small property company. My circumstances have changed. I asked about selling them and was told to send them to a named director which I did. He came back and told me he had no one wishing to buy but offered £1 a share less than I paid . Although this meant a loss and from the last accounts the shares were worth more I accepted . He then intimated a buyer and that when he got the buyers cheque he would pay me . As requested I have sent them the form transferring the shares to them. . To date no cheque .
They have the shares signed over to them and I accepted the low offer before he imposed the new condition on me
Where do I stand ?
David Bryce
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial. You do not need to accept the new lower price, it should have been agreed BEFORE you signed the offer.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.