How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12069
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Housing benefit - Im a 74 year-old British Citizen recently returned t

This answer was rated:

I`m a 74 year-old British Citizen recently returned to England from living in Holland for 25 years, I`m at present renting accomodation in Somerset and have successfully applied for housing benefit. Can you tell me if it`s possible for me to apply for Council Housing in another area of England - somewhere nearer to London, possibly?
Thank you for your question.
You are a British Citizen resident in the UK. There is no legal reason why you can't apply for council housing in the same way as any other citizen.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you