How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My daughter is a British Citizen through me. I was born in

This answer was rated:

My daughter is a British Citizen through me. I was born in the UK and lived there for the first 35 years of my life. My daughter was born in the US, but has lived in the Caribbean most of her life. She holds a British passport. She is now 23 and is 4 month pregnant and wishes to have her baby in the UK. Is there any way that she can have the baby under the NHS?
Thank you for your question.
Your daughter as a British Passport holder has a right of abode in the UK so she would be entitled to use the NHS. She may have to apply for a National Insurance Number if she doesn't have one already but there is no reason why she can't settle in the UK to have her child.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you