How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have received a letter from Thames Valley police saying my

This answer was rated:

I have received a letter from Thames Valley police saying my traffic offence will be refered to a magistrates court because they have not received payment or driving licence. I have an email proving that I have paid the fine and have provided my driving licence details previously. What do I do?
Thank you for your question.
You should send a letter back to them with a copy of the email and any other proof you may have to show that you have dealt with this. In addition you should go in person to your local police office to show them the paperwork. Take the letter with you.
If you have dealt with this, the police are clearly in error but you have to show them this so that a real person, as opposed to a computer, can fix the problem.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you