How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Part share house 40 parter 60 us business investmebt parter

Customer Question

Part share house 40 parter 60 us business investmebt parter has moved in pays morage and rates but no rent to us what can we do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I clarify a few points please:
  1. You own the property with your partner - is that correct please?
  2. The property is an investment property which you do not live in?
  3. A business partner has moved into the property. Is this the same partner referred to in 1. above or someone else?
  4. If he is a business partner has he invested in the property apart from paying the mortgage?
  5. Is the mortgage a repayment or interest only mortgage?
  6. Finally has he signed a tenancy agreement providing for rent?