How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have had a partner seventeen years. We own a

Customer Question

I have had a partner for some seventeen years. We own a house together in proportion 25% to me and 75% to him. As far as I am aware he intention is to leave his share to me should he predecease me. However, he is still legally married. Can his family dispute this arrangement? I am 71 years of age. He is 78.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has he actually made a Will?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think so but I do not know the contents.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Do you feel able to ask him at all?