How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

My vauxhall astra 1,7cdti is quotrd as group 15-17 9 2003

This answer was rated:

my vauxhall astra 1,7cdti is quotrd as group 15-17 9 2003 my main dealer says this is too high can you help ?
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I clarify which of the below your car is please - assuming it is a hatchback and not a convertable or coupe?

1.7 CDTi Life (80ps) 5d


1.7 CDTi Life (80ps) 5d (AC)



1.7 CDTi 16V Life (100ps) 5d (AC)


1.7 CDTi 16V ecoFLEX Life (110ps) (AC) 5d

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Joshua,

My car is an Estate - the description as per V5C document is:-

FZ11 2A2813523GCD5 or possibly

FZ11 2A28B523GCD5

Engine No: 00779132



Many thanks for the above. Finally are you trying to obtain car insurance for the vehicle and are being given quotes based on insurance groups of 15-17 resulting in higher premiums or have you already paid for insurance but believe you have overpaid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not paid any insurance yet just been looking at quotes.



Thank you. Your dealer appears to be correct. On the basis that your car is an 03 plate the highest insurance group depending upon the exact variant is group 11 with most of the variants being in group 9. insurance grouping is not decided by individual insurers but rather by the Group Rating Panel which is made up of representatives of the insurance industry, and includes members of the Association of British Insurers (ABI) and Lloyds Market Association.If your intended insurer has listed your car in the wrong insurance you can raise the issue with them and if necessary make a complaint. They must list your car in the correc tinsurance grouping as set by the above body. If you need to obtain insurance and do not have time to wait for the above, you can consider obtaining insurance on the best policy premium you can find for now, and then raise the issue with the insurer having obtained the policy. If the premium is offered on the basis of the wrong insurance group, you can raise it is a complaint and obtain a refund of the difference once your complaint is resolved. If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint with the insurer itself, you can refer the matter to the financial ombudsman for an independent decision. hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful
Joshua and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - hanks for your helpt

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Should have said -Thanks for your help