How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I admitted stealing about £1200 in cash which wasn't

This answer was rated:

Hello, I admitted stealing about £1200 in cash which wasn't lodged properly into a banks nightsafe. I went to lodge the money for the company I work for and seen the person before me didn't ensure it was lodged by pulling the drawer out to check it had dropped. I was caught on cctv. The police visited my work to ask the manager (me) a few questions. My own manager got envolved and without my knowledge identified me by the cctv. The police then rang my store and asked if I could visit the police station. I wanted to confess right away as it was playing on my mind since it happened. I went and confessed and was very upset with myself and disappointed as it was totally out of character. I got my summons for court and I don't know what to expect!? In the past I have had one driving conviction for dangerous driving and my licience was taken off me for 12 months and I received a £200 fine by the courts.
What do I do? Do I need a solictor?
Many thanks, stephen
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Save for the driving offence do you have anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing else, other than this I have never been to court.
Thank you. The sentencing guidelines can be found in this case:
You are therefore looking at either a fine or a Community Order. You are unlikely to face custody.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, do you know what sort of fine I should receive? Also do you think I need a solictor to attend court with me? I have to fill in a sheet which relates to a fine and requires payslips and any outgoings etc what's the best thing I can do as all bills etc are in my partners name...
You should get a Solicitor yes. The fine is related to your income. You just need to do your best on the form.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to court in 1 week will I get a solictor by then? And do I really need one? In the fine form can I put down outgoings that I have no evidence for? Thanks
You can get one at Court itself. You can put down outgoings without evidence, yes.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about going on... But finally as I have never had to deal with anything like this before. Do I show up at court on the day and request a solictor or do I book one in advance? Do you know on average how much this would cost so I know where I stand?
Many thanks again
Yes you show up on the day. You may get legal aid so may not cost you anything.
I hope that helps Stephen!
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.