How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Just filling out a 'join your partner in the uk'

Customer Question

Hi there
Just filling out a 'join your partner in the uk' visa, (I'm the sponsor, British citizen living in UK, wife is Canadian) we have all the info we need but my salary was just short of 18,000. My calculations are based on a split of previous salary (15k) and present salary (25k) from my chef job over the last 12 months, I have recieved service charge/tips amounting to £2600 on top of this, my salary was recently raised to 25k, and have accountant letter and recent pay slips to support, but worried that past 12 months salaried employment was just short. So should I wait to apply so that salaried income alone is over £18,600?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you should wait until you have salaried income of over £18600 unless you have cash savings of at least £16000 held in your bank account for over 6 months.
If you do not have savings of £16000 or more, you need to wait until you hit the £18600 per annum mark in the last 6 months.
Hope this helps