How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

We have had eggs and flour thrown at our car and on the roof

Customer Question

We have had eggs and flour thrown at our car and on the roof of our house. It is not the first time this has happened. We have an idea who may be doing this and we are afraid next time it could be worse. We are both pensioners, and I have phoned the police helpline once before about another incident, but I couldn't remember the number to phone.
Lawrence and Barbara Spratt
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

  1. I am sorry to hear of your circumstances. May I ask did this occur where you live or somewhere else please?
  2. Do you know who is responsible? Is it youths?
  3. If it happened where you live, in which town or city do you live?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was willing to pay the £38 for an answer, but I don't want to sign up for a monthly fee of £38

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
As far as I can see you have not subscribed for a regular payment - from the information I can see it says you are a non subscriber. However I can ask customer services to confrim for the avoidance of any doubt once we have finished. You will not be committed to any subscription you do not want. As far as I can see you have just paid a one off fee. Would you like to continue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am happy to continue for the moment.

We think the problem lies with my son's girlfriend's daughter. Ever since they have been seeing each other we have had trouble with my son's ex-wife and his girlfriend's daughter. We live in Horndean Hampshire, and if I could remember the number to phone for the police I would phone them as I have already done this in the past.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for the above information. The behaviour you describe would appear to be contrary to the Anti Social Behavour Act and to the Prevention of Harassment Act and would therefore be criminal and capable of being dealt with by the police.The local officer responsible for your neigbourhood is Phil Shore and can be contacted at Alton police station using the number at the below link: you can call 101 which is the non emergency number to get through to the Hampshire police. The police should be willing to assist and investigate in these circumstances.It is also possible to apply for a civil restraining order if necessary though my hope would be that the police would be able to support you and take action in respect of the anti social behavior without the need for an application by you to the county court.I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
I hope the above is helpful? Can I help you with anything else or has the above answered your questions satisfactorily? If you could drop me a quick message to let me know I'd be very grateful. Would you like me to also ask customer services to confirm you have not subscribed?