How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I employed a web designer in 2013 to make me a website . thing

Customer Question

i employed a web designer in 2013 to make me a website . thing went wrong and after a face to face meeting i parted company with this person .at this point there was a contract in place which is now elapsed . i am hoping through you that i can retrieve the original memory stick that the website was made on so that i can up date the website and move on
peter love
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland experienced in intellectual property law and will help you with this.
Have you paid for the work that was done? What does the contract say about getting the source material?
Can you let me see a redacted copy of the contract?