How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

I came to UK in 2006 I wokerd months and then

This answer was rated:

I came to UK in 2006 I wokerd for 14 months and then become student for next 3 years, thereafer I was employed without any breaks.
When I tried to apply for the naturalisation, I was told by my that my application will be rejected because I registered for the worker registrartion schema 5 months after I came to the UK and didnt work constantly for 12 months, and that because I was studing.
Can my application be rejected? considering I can document 6 years previous emplyment ?
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Could you please confirm who stated your application will be rejected?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was advised by a member of National Checkin Services

Thank you for your reply.
In respect of the worker registration scheme a person must register and work continuously for 12 months to be able to be deemed to be working legally in the UK thereafter. The WRS was abolished in April 2011
If you did not work under the WRS for continuous period of 12 months under the scheme any work you undertook after this period would not be deemed legal for the purposes of applying for nationality. Only work undertaken after the WRS was abolished in 2011 will be deemed to count towards your settlement application.
Therefore unfortunately you would need to count 6 years from April 1 2011 as this is when you time started to be counted towards settlement. You would therefore need to wait until 1st April 2016 to apply for permanent residency and 1st April 2017 to apply for citizenship in the UK.
If you still feel that you will be able to apply for nationality, then what I would recommend is that you apply for permanent residency first ( as the cost is low) and if you are issued with this then you should not have any problems applying for citizenship thereafter, but if the application is refused due to your time not being counted before 1st April 2011 and states that you must wait until April 2016 then you have only lost a minimum amount of money and not £1000 or so.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you