How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Dads fell ill and had a stroke owns a house and cant remember

This answer was rated:

dads fell ill and had a stroke owns a house and cant remember a lot or feed and care for himself and in hospital got a girlfriend and I have a step sister no will how do I stand will I need a official form to get thinks sinned over to me in dads best intresst
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have the doctors said anything about his possible regaining his Mental Capacity?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he has had a bleed to the brain and got short term memory loss cant feed him self or go to the toilet with out help keeps loosing consonstration when you ask him any thing

Does he live on his own and what is the long term prognosis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes he lives on own and will need 24 care

If he no longer has mental capacity then I am afraid that your only option is to apply to be appointed as his Deputy by the Court of Protection
The details are here
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you