How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71129
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am not sure where to start. My neighbour is putting her

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am not sure where to start. My neighbour is putting her rubbish bins over my land, she had a letter from my Lawyers asking her to remove them and ensure that they remain within her property. Clearly she ignored that. Last week when I was reversing back to my drive I've touched her bin unintentionally and did not notice that something failed from the top of it. It was an old printer head which she was using as weight over the bin. As I was reversing I felt that something is stopping the car and puled forward. When I saw what it was I've got out the car and put it back. Today I had a visit from a police officer asking me to go to the police station to give testimony of what happened, because she accused me of damaging of her property. The police officer said to me that if I want to I can take a lawyer with me because everything will be recorded. Unfortunately this is not the only problem I had with my neighbour. She has been very rude towards me and my family, she called me names, she was swearing at me in more than one instance, she is listening to loud music late nights. I have complained to police, environmental agency but doesn't seem that they can help me. My question is : do you advise to take a lawyer with me when I go to the police station and do you think there is a way to make her move her bins from property? I have tried cancelling but she hasn't respond.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Please forget the bins for now. You have other problems here that are more important.
You seem to accept striking something?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you think that it is a good idea to go to the police station on my own this afternoon, because I don't think I have done anything wrong and If I am ones there is nothing to worry?

Do you accept striking something?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She has cameras all around the house I cannot say that I haven't reversed over her printer head on my drive I am sure that is recorded

She is alleging you have done this deliberately or at least recklessly probably because she is saying that you are annoyed about the bins issue.
You do need a solicitor. You are being interviewed under caution under PACE with a view to prosecution. It is not a good idea to do so alone. Do not just hand yourself in. Keep the appointment in question.
I wouldn't contact her any more. She made this allegation basically to take revenge because you keep reporting her. That type of retaliatory reporting is widespread unfortunately. they would never do it if the police weren't free but unfortunately they are. Conversely it is something to think about before making further reports against her.
In terms of making her move the bins, you can always seek an injunction but that is expensive. You can always wheel them back onto her property for free.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you know how much would it cost to get a court order for that.

Injunctions are not terribly expensive. If you used a solicitor probably under £2k.
The question is whether it is a good idea. It will only prompt more retaliatory allegations and even if you win you would probably prefer not to spend your days dealing with them.
Also, if she ignores the injunction it costs you more to go back to court to enforce.