How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50158
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

As an employee workin over seas my employer tells me

This answer was rated:

hello as an employee workin over seas my employer tells me the company only insures us for emergency medical cover,are the employee responsible for other illness and diseases if the need international medical treatment.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the nature of your job?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im a customer service assistant

The law does not require employers to provide medical cover at all, whether for employees working domestically or internationally. Some employers decide to provide such cover as an employment benefit but it is not a legal requirement. By providing you the emergency medical cover the employer is already giving you more than they have to and any additional cover is entirely at their discretion.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether you need further help or if I can close the question? Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you