How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can i buy out of a 14 day cooling off waiver with estate a

This answer was rated:

can i buy out of a 14 day cooling off waiver I signed with estate agent in contract to sell my house ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will hep you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I signed up with estate agent in my house and agreed for them to sell my house.Six days later i saw bungalow for sale and viewed and that estate agent wanted me to sell via their firm.I said I cant as already agreed with other e a but they assured me i had 14 days to cancel.I emailed 6 days after agreeing to original sale and got a lot of well angryness off them saying I cant I signed a waiver.I asked them to email me what I had signed as they had left me no paperwork,and yes it appears i did sign this.

I went to second e a and said I am tied in and they suggested it was poppycock.However they are threatening to sue me etc etc.I have told second e a this and have now recieved letter off them stating "if e a successfully pursue a fee they will indemnify me against any loss and if necessary meet their fee up to max 1100 pounds plus also say after they sell my house and are properly rewarded

I dont want any trouble can I suggest a fee to angry e a to cancel my waiver

So you signed to say you waived your cooling off right specially?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Ok, I am just on the train. I will give you a call shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay can you give me an indication as to approx so i can plan other thins thanks

If we say 45 min? I could call now but I will get cut off and you will hear other people talking
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k ill make sure im waiting approx 1.30 thanks

Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can i update you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have emailed e a and offered 600 pounds to end contract and pay for work done.They replied they would accept 1000 plus vat.i replied thought this was rather steep and that I am trying to be fair with everyone.They replied to come back with higher offer so ive replied will give it some consideration and let them know by end of week..What do you think ??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did you recieve my last message

Yes. I think £600 is reasonable. But then again £1000 is a figure that the other agents would cover.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I feel if it went to court im sure total would be just under 2000 and if other e a are offering 1100 plus vat i feel the most i would pay is up to 900.I think i will sleep on it.they also want vat on top of payment so if i offered 700 my bill would be 840 ish or just afer having a reflection next day or two i may suggest 700 plus vat is my final offer then if not happy take my chance in court ??

Yes that seems to make sense.