How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex partner agreed to let my daughter live with me after

This answer was rated:

My ex partner agreed to let my daughter live with me after a grooming incident came to light. I registered her into a new school, and after 2 months of her living with me, she went to visit her mother for the half term week. An hour after my daughter was due home, I received a text from her mother, stating that she would not be returning. the following day (Today) her mother has announced that she has informed the new school that my daughter will not be returning, and re-enrolled her in her old school.
Am I able to challenge this at all legally? (My daughter has stated she wants to stay with her mother. she has just turned 15)
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
is your daughter at risk in the care of her mother?
Have Social Services been involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Not sure, the police were involved in the grooming case, it will apparently go to court around January time.

After the video interview we decided that Liv would move to my house, which is 100miles north, so the police were satisfied that social services didn't need to be involved at the time

Are the police aware that she has returned home?
Have you spoken to Social Services about her safety?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have left a voicemail for the officer we have been dealing with, but as of yet have had no response. .and no, I have not yet contacted social services

At 15 it is up to your daughter which parent she lives with.
However in these special circumstances if the Police and Social Services have concerns for her safety it could be worth making an applictaion to the court for a Child Arrangement Order stating that she lives with you
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your help

You are welcome I hope all goes well