How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

If we convert our stables interior and none of the exterior

Customer Question

If we convert our stables interior and none of the exterior into a dwelling. How long do we have to secretly live in it to then change it to officially living in it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If it is just a change of use class to a single dwelling, after four years of use as a dwelling the council will not be able to take enforcement action.
If you are actually breaching planning permissions and planning rules then the time is ten years from the date of the breach, at which point the council would be barred from bringing an enforcement notice.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards