How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My question is: If i have won funds in the uk, but are a Resident

This answer was rated:

My question is:
If i have won funds in the uk, but are a Resident of another country, do i need to apply for a Tax code and require a sworn affidavit of claim and an International Clearance Certificate from the British High Court of Justice and Documents are Duly stamped so then enabling me to acquire a Tax Code?
Please this is what i have been told in order to receive my winnings.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If you did not enter a competition then it is a scam. There is no such thing as a international clearance certificate. In any event even if you did need some sort of tax documents they would certainly not be provided by the Hgh Court here but Her Majesty's revenue and customs.
There is no such place as Anderson and Chambers in London. This is quite simply a scam, do not pay any money whatsoever.
Please visit
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.