How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

My sponsorer's license is revoked but I have not received my curtailment letter. Fort

This answer was rated:

My sponsorer's license is revoked but I have not received my curtailment letter. Fortunately, I found a new employer to sponsor my Visa. He has the license to hire foreigners under T2-general. I am from India through T2-General valid until March-2018. I am not sure how to proceed and even my employer doesnt know how to get me a visa. I am not financially doing well to hire a solicitor to help me. Your help will be a big support for me as I am a single mom struggling to take care of my kid whom I have left in India.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
When was your sponsors licence revoked?
Does you new sponsor have the capacity to issue a certificate of sponsorship?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My sponsors license was said to be revoked in 2nd week of March and I am not sure of the exact date as I have not received my curtailment letter.

My New employer has just obtained him Sposorship license for his company so that he can hire me. My sponsor is listed as a A-rated company under the licensed sponsorer's list posted in the

Thank you for your reply.
In this case firstly your employer would need to issue you with a Certificate Of Sponsorship (COS) letter, this can me issued online using the same service the employed has used to obtain the sponsorship license. One he has issued you with the COS then it is up to you to use the COS to submit the application. If he is unsure what to do , the home office have given him a number to call and he can then use this number to make any inquires he wishes.
Once the COS has been issued you then need to submit an application using form Tier 2 please see following link:
All the information you require should me in the above link and guidance.
Regarding you returning to the UK, yes this would be possible provided you have either a letter from your new employer confirming they are willing to sponsor you and are in the process of issuing you with a COS, you will need to show evidence of you being able to obtain employment in the UK, this will be the best way for you to be allowed to enter the UK.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your answer.

My new sponsor has already got an unrestricted COS which he need to assign it to me. how long it would take for my sponsor to assign a COS on my name through the Sponsorship management system.

Thank you for your reply.
It is done instantaneously, through the email. Once it is done he will be able to print this off for you and you can then use it to apply.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In my situation, should he select T2-Extension or T2-Change is Employment category while assigning the COS

Thank you for your reply and positive rating.

It will be a T2 change of employment as you are reapplying for your visa to be amended.

Kind regards