How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mother died 2 years ago. My brother and I are joint executors.

Customer Question

My mother died 2 years ago. My brother and I are joint executors. I also have another brother and a sister. We were all left equal shares in our mother's will. In the year before my mother died, she was mentally and physically incapacitated and gave my brother and sister, joint power of attorney. Using this, they drew most of the money from her account for themselves, leaving only enough for funeral expenses. So my other brother and I got nothing. We can not afford a solicitor and are thinking of taking this to County Court ourselves. We need to know which type of court to approach. If successful we would only get about £4,000 each, but as it stands we get nothing. If it's simply a case of submitting the correct forms to court, we could do that.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was it a Lasting Power of Appointment - and was it Registered?