How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My mother left her house to my sister and I in her will. She

Customer Question

My mother left her house to my sister and I in her will. She also made provision in the will that her partner (they were not married and he had no financial input to the house) should have the right to remain in the house for the rest of his life. When valuing for probate should the right to occupy be taken into account therefore reducing the value, or should the valuation be done as if the property were vacant.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The value of the property for Probate purposes is the current market value
Please ask if you need further details