How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

What action can be taken against the registered keeper of a

This answer was rated:

What action can be taken against the registered keeper of a van which has been parked for over four weeks in a private car park belonging to a village hall? The van is registered as being off-road (a SORN). A sign in the car park clearly indicates that it is a private car park for users of the hall only.
Thank you for your question.
I act for a private housing association where this has been a long standing problem on many occasions. What they do, and it works, is to get the vehicle moved to a public road and then the authorities will move it to a pound and will take criminal action against the registered keeper for having a vehicle on a public road whilst untaxed.
The village hall owners/occupiers are entitled to remove any property from their land that shouldn't be there.
That is far quicker than writing to the DVLA then the keeper of the vehicle.
Happy to discuss.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thanks - your reply is helpful

You're welcome.