How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Ive separated from my husband 4 years ago he is still in the

This answer was rated:

ive separated from my husband 4 years ago he is still in the marital home with my two daughters, i would like a divorce now, but what happens to the share of my house as my youngest is only 16 x
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There is no reason why you cannot have a divorce now - but you will not be able to force the sale of the property until your youngest child is 18
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks how do i force the sale of the house when my youngest is 18 x
Within the divorce proceedings you apply for the Financial Issues to be dealt with and seek an Order that the house will be sold when your youngest is 18 or your ex cohabits
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi I have been living with a friend since separating from my husband this is now coming to a end and will have nowhere to live, I own half of the house that my husband is living in, is there anyway I can get my share, my youngest is not 18 yet though, I will have nowhere to live soon please help

I am afraid that the housing needs of the children come first