How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can I make a claim in the European court, of

This answer was rated:

Can I make a claim in the European court, for repayment of money paid for an upgrade in a time share if the promises made at the time were not kept
in 2009 I was persuaded to upgrade from a one bedroom timeshare apartment, in the blue season, to a two bed apartment in the red season at the Paradise Kings club resort in Cypress. The upgrade was only purchased because they promised that
1 the outdoor pool would be warm enough to swim in: It has not been on subsequent visits.
2 all the facilities would be open: They have not been open on subsequent visits.
3 the shuttle bus would be running: It has not been on subsequent visits.
The upgrade cost £4650.00
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

Thanks for getting back to me I can wait a little longer but do need to have taken some action within the next week.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know where you signed the agreement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We signed the agreement at the Paradise Kings Club, in Paphos Cyprus.

The membership Certificate was issued by Continental Trustees ltd in Waterford Ireland. but they now have an address in the isle of Man.

At the time of signing the UK Registered Address was: 2-4 Great Eastern Street, London,EC2A 3NT. Registered in England no(###) ###-#### ***** do not know if this has changed.

What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like the money £4650.00 I paid for the upgrade returned to me as In effect I gained nothing by upgrading.

The one bedroom apartment sleeps four people, we have never had more than four people staying in the two bedroom apartment.

The outdoor pool was too cold to use in the blue season (Pre Upgrade)

it is still to cold to use five weeks later in the Red season (post upgrade) despite being promised that it would be a lot warmer.

The facilities that are not open in the blue season we were promised that they would be in the red season but they were not.

And the shuttle bus we were promised would be running in 2009 is only now being advertised as running but it was not in 2014 when we last stayed there.

Ok. What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Paradise kings club (PKC) has not kept its promises so we want our money back, in exchange we return the Apartment to PKC

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We upgraded and signed the agreement in March 2008 and have visited it on two further occasions April 2009 and April 2014. so the 14 day limit is presumably no longer valid

I have tried to complete the county court application but it will not let you unless the company you are in dispute with has a UK address.

Ok. Then you need to file form N1 and you can have it served outside the Uk.
But you can sue for breach of contract by misrepresentation. They told you one thing and did not deliver
Does that help?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you