How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Can anyone offer help or advice possession with

This answer was rated:

hello can anyone offer help or advice for a possession with intent to supply charge
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. If you tell me more I may well be able to provide answers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


first of all my court date is this tuesday 9th june with a charge of possession with intent to supply cannabis 208grams were seized also scales and bags no money was taken as there was none

a run down of the main points asked at the first interview

at my first interview I said it was for personal use they asked why I had scales and I said to weigh out my daily amount they asked about the bags I said they were for taking cannabis out with me for personal use they asked why I had so many bags I said because you can only buy them in packs of hundreds a friend was round my house and they asked if I supplied her to which I said no

I was released on bail and ask to return after they had check my phone

main points of second interview

I should have asked for legal aid in my second interview I believe but I didn't there were texts with 4/5 people with messages like "can I get a tens" "i've got your tens can I get another" " can I get some bits and bobs" e.t.c to which I have replied in the affirmative and some messages I replied "I will leave it outside for you" I said the messages about the tens was about money and denied supplying anyone there was also a message i sent back to some one that said "no in and outs as the police are watching some one in the flats"

I believe these are the major points of the police investigation as they didn't ask questions about anything else in particular

I have never been to court before and have had one caution for cultivation

I believe my best option is to plead guilty as I effectively work 2 full time jobs and do not have the time for a trial this is also the reason I haven't been able to seek legal help yet I have just too much going on

any help and advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated if you believe that guilty is the best option would you be able to help me understand the court procedures a bit and help me formulate a closing statement of sorts as I believe you get asked if you you like to say anything before they try you which of course I would be happy to pay for



Ok this is a serious matter. Follow this link for the sentencing guidelines
It sounds like you will be in category 3 with either a leading or significant role. For a leading role the starting point is 4 years prison, for a significant role it is 1 year. The sentence will be reduced by a third for an early guilty plea.
I|t is absolutely essential that you obtain representation for court. The duty solicitor will assist you at the first hearing only.
Getting representation is your only realistic hope of avoiding a prison sentence. Your best hope of getting dealt with in as low a category as possible is with a lawyer negotiating for you.
From your description the evidence does sound strong and that is something to consider when deciding on a plea.
Your best option is not to do anything without being represented face to face.
What part of the country are you in?
LondonlawyerJ and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am in woking and the case is at guildford magistrates

Follow this link to find a local specialist solicitor. Alternatively a London based solicitor would probably be willing to go to Guildford.
Being represented could make the difference between a considerable prison sentence and avoiding custody altogether. The cost would be about £500.00 or so.
The duty solicitor will represent you for free but they will only be able to meet you at court, and will probably have other people to represent too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou for your help could you give me the link as there is none in your last message I will also be contacting local solicitors tomorrow

sorry about tha