How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Very confused about different information im getting on

Customer Question

hi very confused about different information im getting on if i can deport my husband back to Pakistan? im a british citizen i was introduced to my husband through his sister we married under islamic law but not registered in the uk, he was in the uk under a visitor visa which had run out but he never went back so he had overstayed, we tried to get him an indefinate leave to remain but he was refused, he wouldnt go back home, i found out i was pregnant by this time we wernt getting along fights caused by his family members he was abusive towards me as was my brother in law before my pregnancy and while i was pregnant, before birth both my husband and his brother were caught by the police in a seperate incident and are currently serving prison time he is due to get out next year or so he says, lately he and his family are threatening me and are abusive im scared for me and my child , im also currently in the process of divorcing him through our islamic channels but want to deport him too but have been getting conflicting information hence the confusion if you require more details i will be happy to oblige

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You personally cannot deport your husband, only UK Visas and Immigration service can decide that.
You can notify them that you no longer support his application (if indeed you ever did) and confirm that you are not legally married.
However this is all that you can do
Please ask if you need further details