How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have been living in Hanover Housing rented property since

This answer was rated:

I have been living in Hanover Housing rented property since 2007.
Recently, I moved to Bournemouth.
They have sent me a large bill 'to return the property to a standard which can be rented out again.'
My contract states that I must redecorate and leave the flat in a state of cleanness which I am in the process of having done.
Advice please.
I am on a limited income and in my seventies.
Janet Hilderely
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.
If you are putting the flat back into a lettable state then you should write/email to Hanover and tell them this and that they have no business demanding money off you. You should refer them to the clause you refer to. It seems clear enough.
Are you still one of their tenants and did you pay a deposit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for this.

No I am no longer one of their tenants and I did not pay a deposit. We took photos just before I left. Would I be wise to send my reply to the CEO? I am dealing with a young estate manager who is trying to make her name.

Probably best to reply to the lady who wrote to you but there would be no harm in copying it to the CEO.
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you