How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My 17 year old girl has a provisional license and took the

Customer Question

My 17 year old girl has a provisional license and took the car without permission and had an accident with another driver. Thankfully no one was hurt. We reported this to the police and she has been asked to go down on Tuesday to the police station. I'm worried Sick and she is heartfelt sorry and has never done anything like this before. What is going to happen ??!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
YOu mean you reported that she had taken the car without permission?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes we did as we thought it best to be honest
I feel awful
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Will you give evidence?
They could prosecute you for permitting no insurance if you dont. Depends what is more important to you I suppose.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No we would not give evidence. We have told the other
Party that we will pay for the damage.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Even if the police prosecute you?