How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Before I bought my flat, I had paid 500 hundred

This answer was rated:

Before I bought my flat, I had paid 500 hundred pounds for survey and got one professional report. the report said that all the windows in my property are double glazed.
however, it is not true.
I have contacted the survey company, they said that they made mistakes on the report. But they do not want to pay anything.
I feel that it is unfair to first time buyer.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you not check whether the windows were glazed when you look round please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my windows are single glazed. would it be possible to get compensation?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

before I bought the property, I have been told all the windows in the property were double glazed by property agent. there are so many things to be checked and I am a first time buyer. I do not have any experiences and lack of knowledge for this case. So I paid 500 pounds for getting professional report for helping me.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Could i ask you the last question? where can I find my representation or solicitor for this case?

You can find one here:
I hope that helps!
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks a lot for your answer