How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My father-in-law has had a heart attack and as a result has

This answer was rated:

My father-in-law has had a heart attack and as a result has temporarily (hopefully) lost his mental capacity and is in ICU. He is a major shareholder of his own company. There is no power of attorney in place - can this be done in his current condition and how do we ensure that his best interests are being looked after by the other shareholders of the company?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
Unfortunately if he does not currently have Mental Capacity the only option available is to apply to be appointed his Deputy by the Court Of Protection - details here
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you