How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

I have my husband in Kenya would like him to join me here

This answer was rated:

I have my husband in Kenya would like him to join me here what are the application requirement. am currently working but not on the required salary of 18,500 am on 15,500 but I receive disability living allowance of highest rate. can I invite him please. also because Kenya is a british colony does he need to proof knowledge od English test. also am British my self and we are already married how long does the process take from application until when I get a I make the application my self or he does to join the wife and if yes will he be invited for an interview

Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
1. If you have are receiving high rate disability living allowance then yes, you can sponsor your husband to join you in the UK without the need for you meeting the financial requirements. If you are in receipt of disability living allowance your income would be sufficient.
2. Yes he will need to do an English Language A1 test and also undertake a Tuberculosis test.
3. The process will usually takes around 2 - 4 months.
4. He would submit the application from his home country and he may be required to attend an interview.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you