How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

This is not a new question, it is just a continuation of the

This answer was rated:

this is not a new question, it is just a continuation of the same issue, my questions are 1- is there any difference in applying (for spouse viisa or applying for british marriage ) between scotland and london 2- the prove of incame has to be from a job
or can it be from funds, assets, and regular deposits in uk bank account from overseas
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
What kind of deposits, and income would be coming from overseas?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
deposits here in uk in form of ISA, and regular overseas transfer from parents ( 6,000 per month)
Thank you for your reply.
1. No there is no difference, a spouse visa is on the basis of marriage, so you apply after the marriage has taken place, regardless of it being in Scotland or London.
2. Financial requirement have to be from of income and cannot be deposits into your account as these are not income. You may wish to deposit £62,500 in the sponsor's account for 6 months and then apply on this basis.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your kind help and please excuse me asking a lot of questions;
1- is there any difference between extension of stay and indefinite leave to remain. and what is the difference in applaying to spouse visa on 2 year route or 5 year route
2- on the web site they said that my husband has to have IELTS english exam, what if he had this exam as requirment for his tier2 general visa when he first came to work here in uk, but his IELTS is expired now.... does he have to re take the exam and does it have to be the general IELETS or academic one will do.
3- I also read that the spouse visa will be isued for 6 month at first and than to be renewed ........ for how long is this renewal? and is he allowed to work meanwhile. and can he leave on holidays during that time
4- what is the difference in the view of decission making between premium service ( personal application) and the postal one, and how long usually each take.
5-there is NHS health charge payment, is this mandatory, what if my husband now being using the NHS service as he is a tax payer and have acesss to nhs servies.
6- can tier 2 general visa be transformed to another employer or it is allowed hen my husband has a spouse visa
7- if we need help in filling the spouse application visa from an experinced listed adviso on the web, how much does it coast and can you help in recomanding anyone
thank you very much and please accept my apology for these many questions.
Thank you for your reply.
1. Indefinite leave to remain means you are settled in the UK and are not under immigration control you can leave as and when and return as and when and can work etc and claim benefits as a british citizen. The 2 year route no longer exists there is only the 5 year route.
2. Academic IELTS will do, but he needs to take the test again.
3. The visa will be renewed for 2.5 years, no he cannot work during this time and can leave on holday etc as it will be a multi entry visa.
4. Premium service means a decision is made on the same date, postal service means sending the application by post and can take 2-4 months.
5. NHS charges are mandatory and need to be paid regardless.
6. If he gets a spouse visa then he does not need permission and can change as many employers as he likes.
7. The cost can be anything between 600 - 900 pounds, unfortunately I am unable to recommend.
I hope this answers your questions, i look forward to your positive rating.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your reply
sorry again but;
1- what is the score needed for the IELTS exam
2- i have read that there is 10 years route as well as 5 years route.... what is the difference?
3- you said the renwal of spouse visa will be given for six month and than renewed for 2 1l2 years.... how and where the renewal takes place and do they need another suporting documents
4- is the premium service decision for sure the same day, as i have read that the same day decision is for the super premium service which coast 7000 pounds
many many thanks
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately this questions value does not match the information you have requested. I will only be able to continuing answering your questions if you increase the value to at least $40.00.
Kind regards