How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My son is involved in a car accident and I made a claim, my

Customer Question

my son is involved in a car accident and I made a claim, my solicitor said his money will be invested in the court. can I ask for the money to be given to me towards his welfare and education since is not a lot of money?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I am assuming your son is under 18. Therefore whilst you can ask the Court is unlikely to award any money out. This is because as parents you should be paying for his education and welfare in any event. However if it is for a special purchase, ie he needs a laptop for school, the Court may allow some out.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?