How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am hopping you can help with my query,. I was adopted in

This answer was rated:

I am hopping you can help with my query,.
I was adopted in 1959 and have now got my adoption case file, In it states that my father who 'S name I dont have applied for an Affilation order,
If so it would have his name and it could help as Ive hit brick wall after brick wall
reguarding mother
So if you could point me in a direction would be gratefull
Carolelynne Buddle
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What exactly does the file tell you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mothers name which is Joy Katrine Harless

She lived at*****Minster KENT

My father was an American Serviceman stationed at MANSTON Ramsgate KENT

She went to Middlesex County Council Convalescent home Broadstairs

My father applied for an Affilation order but she refused this..

Also says she states she was in a bigamous marriage?

I was put into foster care in the June with a family called HARDWICK

She was living then at 21,Canterbury Road Westbrook Margate after this she disappeared to be found working in Rochester KENT THEN IN LONDON Working at the Churchill Club, after this nothing I hope this helps Carolelynne

Does the file say if the Agency took any steps to try and identify the father?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No they hadnt said this The family who fostered me did say he visited me and spoke of taking me back to the states

Which area do you live in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have remained living in Margate Kent

Dont know if its a help but mother left me in foster home at*****Margate

Is it clear from the file whether or not a court application was actually made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes its in there that my father applied for Affiliation order,.as he wanted to care for me,.

I was put into private foster care in the June of 1952,

I am afraid that there is no guarantee that the court records will still be available - but you can contact the National Archives to enquire
Another option is to contact this group
Who may well be able to help
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further help
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you