How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

One transport company still does not pay two invoices? 2nd

Customer Question

hi one transport company still does not pay two invoices? 2nd q: the same company doesnot pay fee for transport manager. I am working for him transport manager with monthly fee is £200, suma for all owed money is 5300 till this month
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What reason has been given for failing to pay you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still cash flow, paid other subjects

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
What have you done to date to recover the money? Have you sent a demand?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am spoke with them, sent emails, sms, invoices and statement every month.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
Your options are:
1. Expensive option - contemplate court action - this is an undisputed debt so you could sue them to recover the money and then send the bailiffs in as a enforcement process. You would need to send a 7 day letter warning that if they do not pay you will commence proceedings - you can commence proceedings here;
2. In expensive option - if the debt is not disputed you could serve them with a statutory demand - it is a precursor to bankruptcy - the state demand forms are here -
It will put them under massive pressure to pay as it comes with a 21 days penal notice - if they then do not pay you can commence winding up proceedings;
3. You try and agreement an installment plan with then - this will still keep the pressure on but at least you will have some money coming in.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards