How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My problem is non clump forming bamboo roots coming through

This answer was rated:

my problem is non clump forming bamboo roots coming through from a tenanted house next door ,the owners had the grass cut before the new tenants moved in but the bamboo was not removed which has spread over a good one third of the garden. i asked the men sent by the agency what would kill it and stop it coming through he said i wont be able to get a weed killer strong enough with out a professional licence and the only other way was to dig down four foot and fill it with concrete. now i have found it has spread 8 foot under my shed so have got to have it taken down to stop the roots going into another two gardens do i have a chance of getting the agents to contact the owners to do something about it.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is it currently doing any damage please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it has lifted slabs and pushed my fence down also had to remove shrubs to try to get to the roots

Do you know who the owner is please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, i think it is a trust as the original owner is in a home because he is mentally unable to deal with his money, i dont know if he is still the owner but with a trust i assume he is

Ok. Have the agents refused to say who it is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


What is the cost to put right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have not looked in to that yet

You need to get the cost of putting it right as that forms its loss.
You need to write and set out your losses and request they do the work or pay the cost within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
To find the registered owner please use the link below. There is a small fee of about £6 for the Deeds.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.