How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been ignored by a Trading Assistant on Ebay regarding

Customer Question

I have been ignored by a Trading Assistant on Ebay regarding the items I gave him to sell several months ago, worth roughly £250 , he refused to sign for a recorded letter I sent, and I have since found out the Company Name he uses was dissolved over 4 years ago.
EBay are useless at trying to get hold of the right department and this is not the first time I have had to deal with problems with Members and think they are culpable because this Guy has been trading under a false name all this time. I managed to get an address in Dublin for Ebay and sent a copy of the Companies House report etc over 2 weeks ago and said they are also culpable, I havn't had a reply , what can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?