Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

HiI recently had an incident with a Royal Mail employee,

Hi I recently had an incident with a Royal Mail employee, at the Hendon Post Office, which I have reason to believe was discriminatory based on nationality. I filed a complain with the company, however, if I need to visit the same branch I would like to video record my experience as a customer to have enough evidence for taking legal action, or to properly support my complaint. Please let me know if it is legal to "secretly" record their service (i.e.: using a phone).

EDIT: Not sure why this is showing under Employment Law.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
If your complaint was upheld why do you need further evidence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alice

Thank you for your reply.

Royal Mail have not apologised or made a statement to disapprove of such behaviour.

If I have to use the same branch in future, and a similar incident occurs, I would like to have it recorded to be able to prove without doubt that such an attitude exists.

Flaviu

Thanks for the additional information.
There is nothing illegal about filming in public. And any such recording could be used to substantiate a complaint.
Recording an employee being rude to a customer is not against the law.
So long as the recording is for that specific purpose and nothing else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alice

Thank you for your answer

Flaviu

It was my pleasure. Have a good weekend.