How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I inherited a house and a villa with my brother who has severe

This answer was rated:

I inherited a house and a villa with my brother who has severe learning disabilities.
We sold the villa and built a new house.
So me and my brother both own the two properties. Then I married,
Is my wife entitled to half of my half?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, we have lived together for four years and there are no children involved.She has now left
Your wife will indeed have a financial claim on the matrimonial home - but not for half or anything like that at this stage - although if you stay together then in 20 years or so it will indeed be a 50/50 share
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you